Tuesday, January 1, 2008

There Is No Elegant Way To Eat A Popsicle

Suck, slurp, crunch. It's not pretty, but it is necessary.

Let it be noted that any weather in which it is...

a) too dangerous to use your computer (it could overheat and explode),
b) impossible to walk further than ten feet outside without collapsing,
c) exceedingly unpleasant to engage in any activity involving knitting yarn, or...
d) just too friggin' hot to think straight or function like a human being,

...IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE. And will not be tolerated any longer. Pikelet to weather: shape up.

At least it's cooled enough for me to switch on my laptop without bating my breath.

But now I'd like to divulge one of many things I've been up to when it was too hot to sleep at night...

denim neck-kerchief
Tada !


I actually feel quite proud of this humble little kerchief, for no good reason I can think of. I just... like it. And I like it's cute little button at the back.

denim neck-kerchief


I think what makes it great is the value for time and effort. It's quick, easy and simple, and just so handy for adding to any number of different outfits for a bit of hand-made pizazz. It used to be approximately one sixth of a pair of jeans.


p.s. Happy New Year !

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I LOVE this kerchief! I have a pair of jeans that my husband said give me "Mom Butt" and I need to destroy them. Now.

Frig, I'm 20 years old and not even close to popping out babies. This kerchief is the answer, thank you.